Help to Buy: ISA
One Step Closer to Owning your first Home
Further information for First Time Buyers:
- Scheme accessible to first time buyers aged 16+ with no residential property or any interest in land in or outside the UK
- Save up to £1200 in the first calendar month when opening your account with the funds and after top up a maximum of £200.00 every month.
- Open the account with a minimum of £1.00 to a maximum of £1,000. Savings of between £1.00 - £200.00 must be saved from the 1st to the last day of the calendar month via standing order.
- The account must be closed prior to claiming the government bonus. Any withdrawals made before requesting to close the account, will result in a reduction of the bonus value you may claim. A solicitor must liaise with the government in written format to claim this amount. Once closing the savings account balance, the government pays a bonus of 25%. The minimum amount paid out as a bonus will be £400.00 on a closing balance of £1,600. The maximum will be £3,000 on £12,000 on closing savings balance. The bonus will be proportioned between minimum and maximum according to the amount of savings in the account upon closing.
- Bonus will be paid on property of maximum £450,000 in London and £250,000 in other parts of the UK.
- Interest Rate varies- therefore it can go up or down.
- National Insurance number is required during the application
- Benefit from ISA Savings tax-free interest
- If you buy a property with someone else both can open individual Help to Buy: ISA accounts and both can claim up to £3,000 of government bonus on the savings.
Please see more details : Help to Buy: ISA Scheme Rules www.help-to-buy-isa/how-does-it-work./?
- Application Form
- Transfer application
- Terms and Conditions